PhoneWatch are proud sponsors of the popular RTE 1 series Home of the Year. Irish people are passionate about their homes, and at PhoneWatch, we're passionate about keeping them safe. This season of Home of Year begins on February 27th, and will air each Tuesday at 8.30pm on RTE 1 for 8 weeks, while also being on catch-up on the RTE Player. During that time, the 3 judges will showcase some of the most interesting homes in Ireland, from cosy country cottages to architecturally-designed modern builds. Each week, 3 homes will be showcased, followed by a grand final, when Ireland's Home of the Year 2018 will be decided.
Keeping your 'Home of the Year' safer
Everyone's home should be their very own Home of the Year, and at PhoneWatch we believe everyone should also feel safe and secure in their dream home. Here are some handy tips to ensure you are safer in your home.
- Close your windows & lock your doors: It might seem obvious but a third of all burglars enter houses through the front door. Install a secondary locking system on front and back doors to be extra vigilant.
- Light up: The most common time for a burglary is between 5pm and 11pm. During this time you should make sure your home is well lit. Use timed switches if you are not going to be at home.
- Don’t update Social media or Facebook about your plans.
- Don’t Advertise: Keep valuable possessions away from the windows and keep curtains and blinds closed to make sure a burglar isn’t drawn to your home.
- Sleep tight: With half of all burglaries occurring while people are at home it is just as important to lock your doors while you are at home and in bed.
- Don’t keep spare keys outside: - instead ensure your neighbour has a spare set for emergencies.
- Alarm your Home: PhoneWatch customers are three times less likely to be the victim of an attempted burglary.