An exciting and challenging position, reporting to the Operations Support Manager, the Planning team leader will be responsible for managing the Planning team for the field operations function in Ireland.
The key focus of this role will be to a) make sure that we keep our promises to our customers by executing every work order every day and b) work alongside the Regional Managers and other key stakeholders (e.g. Booking department) to maximize scheduling efficiency and productivity.
- Ensure that all activities undertaken by the planning department are compliant with company policy/highway, handbook and planning department guidelines.
- Ensuring engineer routes are optimized effectively to minimize travel time and maximize productivity in line with our delivery time expectations.
- Collate guidelines for the planning department to ensure everyone on the team and in the department are pulling in the same direction.
- Day-to-day operation of the Planning team to ensure that all installation, upgrade & maintenance resources are utilized in the most cost effective manner ensuring excellent service is delivered to both internal and external customers.
- Work alongside the Regional Managers and other key stakeholders (e.g. booking department) in order to maximize scheduling efficiency and productivity and reduce travel time/crossover.
- Setting of key performance objectives for the Planning team.
- Ensure, monthly, team and individual one to one meetings are scheduled and conducted on time.
- Leading and motivating the Planning Team and dealing with staff related matters, including training, attendance, annual leave, sick leave, performance management etc.
- Ensuring that all work orders are fulfilled as promised to the customer.
- Achievement of all KPI’s for planning team.
- All operational reporting for the planning department.
- Administration of Service Power application.