Home of the Year
Sponsored by PhoneWatch
Home Interiors with Deirdre Whelan
RTÉ's Home of the Year is back for 2020! We sat down with Deirdre Whelan, interior designer and Home of the Year judge, to find out her top tips for home design.
Design your home on a budget
Listen to Deirdre’s top tips for designing your home on a budget!
Make a small room look bigger
Find out how Deirdre makes a small room look bigger.
Make a dark room look brighter
Find out Deirdre’s approach to making a dark room look brighter.
Interior Design Trends
Find out how to tweak interior design trends to suit your home!
Interior Design Tips
Listen to Deirdre’s top three tips for home decorating!
Interior Design Projects
Find out how Deirdre starts any interior design project!
Home Safety & Security Tips
One in 12 households in Ireland will be the victim of a crime each year. If you live in an urban area there you are two and half times more likely to be targeted. Burglars target homes that appear vulnerable, make sure yours is not the odd one out by taking simple steps to greatly reduce the risks making you and your home more safe and secure.
- Close your windows & lock your doors: It might seem obvious but a third of all burglars enter houses through the front door. Install a secondary locking system on front and back doors to be extra vigilant.
- Light up: The most common time for a burglary is between 5pm and 11pm. During this time you should make sure your home is well lit. Use timed switches if you are not going to be at home.
- Don’t update Social media or Facebook about your plans.
- Don’t Advertise: Keep valuable possessions away from the windows and keep curtains and blinds closed to make sure a burglar isn’t drawn to your home.
- Sleep tight: With half of all burglaries occurring while people are at home it is just as important to lock your doors while you are at home and in bed.
- Don’t keep spare keys outside: - instead ensure your neighbour has a spare set for emergencies.
- Alarm your Home: PhoneWatch customers are two and half times less likely to be the victim of an attempted burglary.
Family Fire Safety Plan
A family fire safety plan is one of the most important things to go through with your family. No one likes to think about a fire in their home, but if an unexpected fire occurs, it is extremely important that you and your family members know what to do. This guide will help prepare your family and give you some peace of mind.
Your first step: Create an escape plan based on your home's layout.
A fire safety plan may be scary for young children, so it's important to reassure them when planning a fire escape route. Explain a fire is unlikely, but if it happened, knowing what to do will keep your family safe.
Award-Winning Alarm Design
The PhoneWatch Home Alarm System has been designed to guarantee your safety with ease. Inspired by a modern design, the Alarm System has an elegant and discreet design to blend easily into your interior décor.
Simple to use and effective, it guarantees your safety in everyday life. Using the key tags, turn your home alarm system on and off by simply placing them on the keypad. During installation, our PhoneWatch engineers will train you to use your system and explain all the features of your system accessible via our PhoneWatch app.
Get PhoneWatch today for €299 (RRP €499)
Call now: (01) 213 5271
Protect your home today with Ireland's most trusted home alarm system. With guaranteed instant response to your burglar and smoke alarms, discover why PhoneWatch takes care of more Irish homes than anyone else.
Exclusive Offers must end today at 5pm!
House Alarm System
The installation includes: 1 central control unit with GSM, 1 keypad, 2 PIR camera detectors, 1 smoke detector, 1 door contact, and any 2 other sensors of your choice. Also included: 1 bell box for the outside of your home, keytags to arm/disarm your alarm, and a free smartphone app.
Apartment Alarm System
The installation includes: 1 central control unit with GSM, 1 keypad, 1 PIR camera detector, 1 smoke detector, 1 door contact, and any 1 other sensor of your choice. Also included: 1 bell box for the outside of your home, keytags to arm/disarm your alarm, and a free smartphone app.