On this website we use cookies. By navigating the website you accept the terms and conditions.   OK
Get a FREE quote now Call: (01) 213 5271 to get this offer or we will get back to you within 24 hours!

Carbon monoxide alarms Keep your home safe This is what PhoneWatch feels like #NoWorries. Get a quote

Carbon Monoxide Detector

PhoneWatch provides the most effective response to potential carbon monoxide threats in your home. As part of our alarm monitoring systems , our customers can rest easy knowing that they will instantly be alerted by our 24/7 surveillance team if a harmful level of the gas is discovered by the carbon monoxide detector

What is Carbon Monoxide?

Carbon monoxide is a dangerous poisonous gas that’s responsible for at least one death per year in Ireland. You can’t see it or smell it, and because of this it is sometimes known as a “Silent Killer”. It enters the home, most commonly, though incorrectly installed, poorly maintained or poorly ventilated household appliances like boilers and ovens. Watch out for any of the commons signs of carbon monoxide.

Danger Signs of Carbon Monoxide

Watch out for any of these warning signs that may indicate that your appliance is not functioning properly:
  • Staining, sooting or discolouration around the appliance. Appliances that burn slowly, badly (orange or 'floppy' flames) or go out
  • A yellow or orange flame where normally blue
  • Condensation or dampness on walls and windows in the room once the appliance is
  • A strange smell when the appliance is on
  • Rusting or water streaking on appliance cabinet/vent/chimney
  • Loose or disconnected vent/chimney connections or guards

Symptoms of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

It is important to recognise the early symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning so that necessary actions can be taken to avoid more severe consequences. Most important to understand is that carbon monoxide can cause you to feel disoriented, tired and may cause you to pass out. As there is no smell it’s often impossible for you to react.

So watch out for this and the other symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning listed below. Some can be similar to those caused by other illnesses like cold or flu. These may include:

  • Unexplained headaches, chest pains or muscular weakness
  • Sickness, diarrhoea or stomach pains
  • Sudden dizziness when standing up
  • General lethargy

How Does it Work

Fortunately with PhoneWatch’s carbon monoxide detectors, any harmful level of the gas will be detected and trigger the alarm. Your installation engineer will advise on the best location of the carbon monoxide detector. Generally, the carbon monoxide detector will be located in the close vicinity of sleeping areas or rooms that contain fuels sources. In the event that our carbon monoxide alarm activates, it will generate an immediate response. PhoneWatch will immediately call you and if there is no answer, we will immediately call and send the fire services. So if the unthinkable happens we’ll be there. Always. Remember though that carbon monoxide alarms are no substitute for regular inspection and maintenance of appliances, vents, flues and chimneys.


PhoneWatch - Your safety. Our passion.