What are cookies?
There are two types of cookies:
- Cookies set by the website you visit.
- Third party cookies set by a different website than the website you visit. This happens when the website you visit references a file located outside, such as ads or photos.
As set out above, different technologies are applied in order to obtain the cookie information:
- Cookies: Small temporary files that are stored on your device (mobile, pad and PC) as you visit a website in order to identify your browser across visits (sessions) and websites
- Pixels: Photo files used to connect you to a third party website in order to activate cookies on the third party website. A pixel may read and send information to and from cookies stored on your device
- Scripts: Snippets of code which are necessary in order to activate a pixel, or which is used to identify your browser or device across sessions and websites
- Session storage: A form of script which is only applicable to an individual visit (session) and which thus does not recognize your browser or device across different sessions
Categories of cookies on our website
- Strictly necessary: Strictly necessary cookies are functional cookies that help make a website navigable by activating basic functions such as page navigation and access to secure website areas, as well as providing enhanced functionality. These cookies also enable your browser to remember certain pre-defined elements such as the type of browser used to access the website/app and the regional configuration from where the website/app is accessed. Without these cookies, the website would not be able to work properly, and these cookies are by default always enabled. As the website will not work without these cookies, they are not possible to disable. These cookies will not store any personally identifiable information.
- Analytical/Statistical: Analytical cookies allow us to count visit and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our Website. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular, and how visitors move around the Website.
- Personalization: Personalization cookies enable the personalization of the content offered when you visit the website. These cookies enable real-time personalization of the navigation on the website and the proposal of relevant ads and personalized offers, in addition to preferences you have defined as part of earlier visits.
- Marketing: Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites (re-targeting) and to measure the effect of the marketing we show on other websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and interesting to the individual user and thus more valuable for publishers and third-party advertisers.
Your cookie settings and consents apply to the following domain(s): www.phonewatch.ie and the PhoneWatch mobile application. You may use a third party plug-in to identify the cookies enabled on our website, for example Ghostery.
Your cookie settings and consents
- Disable Cookies: You can always disable cookies by changing the settings in your browser. However, you should be aware that if you do so, there will be features and services you cannot use. Here you can find more information about how to disable cookies in the most common browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari.
- Cookie deletion: Cookies can easily be deleted. If you use a PC with a newer Internet browser, you can delete the cookies by using the shortcut keys: CTRL + SHIFT + Delete. If these do not work, or you use a MAC or mobile phone, you must first clarify which browser you use and then follow the process outlined for your browser/app above.
Please note that if you use different browsers and devices, you must make the changes for all the browsers and devices. Disabling cookies may impact your experience on our website and the services we are able to offer. Please note that not consenting to marketing cookies does not rule out that you will see marketing from PhoneWatch on other websites, but the marketing will not be personalized towards you.
As a starting point, we cannot identify you from the data comprised in the cookies. However, there may be instances where we are able to connect your cookie data with other information and thus identify you indirectly, typically if you log in to My Pages on the Website. Furthermore, third parties such as Google and Facebook may also combine your cookie data with other data points they have in their possession allowing them to identify you. For more information about their processing of personal data, we refer to their privacy policies: Google and Facebook.
To the extent we process personal data about you through cookies, we do so based on the following legal basis:
- In relation to strictly necessary cookies, since without these cookies the website would not be able to work properly, your consent is not necessary and the legal basis is providing you the services you requested by using the website, as per GDPR art. 6(1)(f);
- In relation to analytical/statistical cookies, when they are not anonymous and collect personal data about you, we base our processing on your consent (until it is withdrawn) as per GDPR art. 6(1)(a);
- In relation to marketing and personalization cookies, we base our processing on your consent (until it is withdrawn) as per GDPR art. 6(1)(a);
- If you submit a contact form on a website to request that we contact you for marketing purposes, we will combine the marketing and personalization cookie data with the data in the contact form in order to measure the effect of our marketing measures and to provide you with offers adapted to your needs. This is based on your consent to us contacting you and to receive more information from us when you fill out and submit the contact form, ref. GDPR art. 6(1)(a).
We only store cookie data for as long as it is necessary in order to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was gathered, see the table below.
This website owner and data controller is PhoneWatch, Block 1 Irish Life Centre, Lower Abbey Street, D01Y7V2, email@example.com. Company number: 6562566R Last updated on 04.02.2021